Labour kicks off election campaign in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
The Labour Party marked the start of the general election campaign in the Saffron Walden constituency with a coffee morning on Saturday.
Members and local voters went along to meet Labour parliamentary candidate Jane Berney at Stansted Free Church to discuss local and national issues.
Mrs Berney said: “I was very pleased that local residents took time to come and talk about Labour’s policies and how they can affect our area.
“It was also a chance for our district election candidates to meet up and bring in their nomination forms.”
Election agent David Sowter said that the party was on track to field more than 20 members who will stand for Uttlesford District Council as well as town council seats on May 7.
You may also want to watch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact Mrs Berney.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 9 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 10 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess