Labour kicks off election campaign in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
The Labour Party marked the start of the general election campaign in the Saffron Walden constituency with a coffee morning on Saturday.
Members and local voters went along to meet Labour parliamentary candidate Jane Berney at Stansted Free Church to discuss local and national issues.
Mrs Berney said: “I was very pleased that local residents took time to come and talk about Labour’s policies and how they can affect our area.
“It was also a chance for our district election candidates to meet up and bring in their nomination forms.”
Election agent David Sowter said that the party was on track to field more than 20 members who will stand for Uttlesford District Council as well as town council seats on May 7.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com to contact Mrs Berney.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 4 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'