Ladies going topless for charity
A LADIES topless car rally is taking place through the countryside of North Essex later this month.
Covering around 70 miles, the rally – in aid of the charity CLEFT – starts from Bardfield Vineyard, Great Bardfield on June 20, around some of the most picturesque lanes, villages and market towns in the area. Participants can take part in any open-topped car of any age.
Organisers Bill Hulse and Jan Archer got the idea after a holiday in Germany where they met some ladies who had taken part in something similar.
Mr Hulse said: “They seemed to have so much fun and thought we would introduce it to the UK for a good cause.
“This is not a speed trial, but a test of navigational and observational skills. No previous experience is necessary other than the ability to drive.”
You may also want to watch:
A light lunch will be provided and the day will culminate at Bardfield Vineyard, with a hog roast for the competitors, supporters, family and friends.
A prize giving will take place in the historic Ann of Cleeves barn built by Henry VIII.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
Places within the rally are still available for lady drivers and co-drivers and there is an entrance fee of �45.
The first car will be starting off at 10am and is expected to return around 3.30pm. The starts will be staggered over a few hours to prevent congestion.
If you are interested in taking part in the rally, contact Mr Hulse or Ms Archer on 01371 870906 or you can e-mail them at email@example.com
The rally is being held in aid of CLEFT which aims to improve the care of patients with cleft lip and palate in the UK and overseas. For more information visit the website cleft.org.uk
To find out more about Bardfield Vineyard visit the website at thegreatlodgeexperience.com