Car driven along Cheshunt train tracks stolen from Braintree
- Credit: @ContainerDave/Twitter
The Land Rover Discovery which sped along railway tracks in Hertfordshire was stolen from an address in Braintree.
The driver of the stolen 4x4 veered onto railway tracks during a police chase yesterday (July 16).
It was caught on camera speeding through Cheshunt train station, causing major disruption to Greater Anglia and Stansted Express trains between London and Bishop's Stortford.
Hertfordshire Constabulary said that the car was stolen on Sunday, July 11 from the Essex town but could not confirm any additional details.
A police spokesperson said: "Our control room was made aware that a stolen vehicle had travelled into Hertfordshire ground, from Essex.
"The vehicle was located in Cheshunt and officers from Essex Police attempted to speak to the driver.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle then made off, injuring two officers and damaging several vehicles in the process."
Police found the car abandoned on railway tracks nearby.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 7 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 8 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 9 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
- 10 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
Nobody was badly hurt in the incident.