Landmark horror film 'The Thing' and a Marx Brothers classic star in cinema's Halloween line up
THERE are plenty of tricks and treats in store for cinema goers at Saffron Screen this Halloween weekend. Get dressed up early and join The Addams Family (PG) for a ghoulish Saturday afternoon, starting at 3pm. When a stranger comes to visit, the Addams f
THERE are plenty of tricks and treats in store for cinema goers at Saffron Screen this Halloween weekend.
Get dressed up early and join The Addams Family (PG) for a ghoulish Saturday afternoon, starting at 3pm.
When a stranger comes to visit, the Addams family welcomes him into their gothic home like no other family could and strange events occur at every turn.
Come dressed to frighten, as a prize will be awarded for the best costume.
Saturday's 8pm evening performance of The Thing (18) promises to test the nerves and vocal chords of all.
This landmark horror film sees an alien entity invade an Antarctic research station. Starring a young Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley, The Thing is the one to watch on Halloween. Strictly Over-18s only.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 7 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 9 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 10 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
Recover on Sunday at 3pm with the madcap humour of the Marx Brothers in A Day At The Races (U). Saving a sanitorium from closure becomes the priority of the brothers, but as expected, everything soon runs amok in this classic film.
All Soul's Day humour for the whole family. Enjoy this rare opportunity to see the Marx Brothers on the big screen!
Tickets are available from the Box Office, the Tourist Information Centre in Saffron Walden, or online at www.saffronscreen.com. Saffron Screen is a not-for-profit, community cinema operating at Saffron Walden County High School with cinema seating, a full size screen and Dolby Digital surround sound.