Landmark horror film 'The Thing' and a Marx Brothers classic star in cinema's Halloween line up
THERE are plenty of tricks and treats in store for cinema goers at Saffron Screen this Halloween weekend. Get dressed up early and join The Addams Family (PG) for a ghoulish Saturday afternoon, starting at 3pm. When a stranger comes to visit, the Addams f
THERE are plenty of tricks and treats in store for cinema goers at Saffron Screen this Halloween weekend.
Get dressed up early and join The Addams Family (PG) for a ghoulish Saturday afternoon, starting at 3pm.
When a stranger comes to visit, the Addams family welcomes him into their gothic home like no other family could and strange events occur at every turn.
Come dressed to frighten, as a prize will be awarded for the best costume.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's 8pm evening performance of The Thing (18) promises to test the nerves and vocal chords of all.
This landmark horror film sees an alien entity invade an Antarctic research station. Starring a young Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley, The Thing is the one to watch on Halloween. Strictly Over-18s only.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
Recover on Sunday at 3pm with the madcap humour of the Marx Brothers in A Day At The Races (U). Saving a sanitorium from closure becomes the priority of the brothers, but as expected, everything soon runs amok in this classic film.
All Soul's Day humour for the whole family. Enjoy this rare opportunity to see the Marx Brothers on the big screen!
Tickets are available from the Box Office, the Tourist Information Centre in Saffron Walden, or online at www.saffronscreen.com. Saffron Screen is a not-for-profit, community cinema operating at Saffron Walden County High School with cinema seating, a full size screen and Dolby Digital surround sound.