Landscape history day in Clavering
A WHOLE day devoted to studying the landscape of prehistoric times is taking place at Clavering on Saturday (April18). The Day School, entitled In search of the first landscapes , will be tutored by well-known Cambridge historian, Dr Nicholas James. Dr
A WHOLE day devoted to studying the landscape of prehistoric times is taking place at Clavering on Saturday (April18).
The Day School, entitled 'In search of the first landscapes', will be tutored by well-known Cambridge historian, Dr Nicholas James.
Dr James will lead a number of sessions, firstly to demonstrate that there are some still some substantial pre-Roman landscapes that can be seen in the landscape today.
He will then look at less obvious but widespread evidence which reflects how social, economic and political life was organised in prehistoric times.
You may also want to watch:
Further sessions will show how this evidence can be interpreted, and how new discoveries can still be made that reveal how much of our landscape was densely populated and very busy thousands of years ago.
The Day School is open to anyone, and no previous knowledge is assumed.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
Places must be reserved in advance at �10 a head. For more information call Local History Recorder for Clavering, Jacqueline Cooper, by calling 01799 550462 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org