Last chance to see snowdrops event at Gardens of Easton Lodge
- Credit: Archant
Tomorrow (Sunday) will be the last chance to see the annual ‘Snowdrops’ event at the Gardens of Easton Lodge.
Visitors can enjoy the many thousands of blooms that form a stunning white carpet beneath the trees in the Bosquet and down into the glade.
Trustee Claire Matthews said: “We had over 800 visitors last week to see the beautiful display in the gardens and we hope to see similar numbers this week; though we would advise everyone to wear their wellies or walking boots.”
Younger visitors can run around and let off steam at the 23-acre site, while those less energetic can enjoy the peace and tranquility as they take in the many different areas; a guided tour will take place at 1pm. Homemade soup and bacon rolls will be on sale until 2.15pm, with hot drinks and homemade cakes available until 3.30pm.
Opening hours are 11.30am to 4pm (last admission at 3pm) with tickets costing just £3.50 for adults and children entering free. Dogs on leads are also welcome.
As in previous years a limited number of Snowdrops “in the green” will be available to buy and a pre-order form is available on the website eastonlodge.co.uk under the “Support Us” tab.
The trust is always looking for more people to join the team for open days, gardening and restoration work and anyone interested has been asked to email email@example.com or leave a message on 01371 876979.
- 1 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 2 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 9 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
The Gardens of Easton Lodge are located just outside Great Dunmow, in Little Easton, off the B184. Follow the brown heritage signs.