Last night’s freezing temperatures were the coldest of the year
MOTORISTS have been battling freezing roads this morning after temperatures hit -6C (21.2F) last night.
Forecasters have called it the “coldest night of the year” with temperatures down to -6.4C (20.48F) being recorded at Wattisham Airfield, near Needham Market.
Chris Bell from Weatherquest said: “Last night the temperatures across the region were between -4C (24.8F) and -7C (19.4F).
“Some places today will struggle to go above freezing but I think we will probably not see the temperatures of last night but -3C (26.6F) to -4C (23F) so not quite as hard of a frost.”
Forecasters are expecting mild air to arrive in the region on Friday morning bringing with it wet and gusty weather.
You may also want to watch:
Winds could be up to 50mph but temperatures are expected to be about 8C (46.4F) over the weekend.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100