Last night’s freezing temperatures were the coldest of the year
MOTORISTS have been battling freezing roads this morning after temperatures hit -6C (21.2F) last night.
Forecasters have called it the “coldest night of the year” with temperatures down to -6.4C (20.48F) being recorded at Wattisham Airfield, near Needham Market.
Chris Bell from Weatherquest said: “Last night the temperatures across the region were between -4C (24.8F) and -7C (19.4F).
“Some places today will struggle to go above freezing but I think we will probably not see the temperatures of last night but -3C (26.6F) to -4C (23F) so not quite as hard of a frost.”
Forecasters are expecting mild air to arrive in the region on Friday morning bringing with it wet and gusty weather.
You may also want to watch:
Winds could be up to 50mph but temperatures are expected to be about 8C (46.4F) over the weekend.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire