Last night’s freezing temperatures were the coldest of the year
MOTORISTS have been battling freezing roads this morning after temperatures hit -6C (21.2F) last night.
Forecasters have called it the “coldest night of the year” with temperatures down to -6.4C (20.48F) being recorded at Wattisham Airfield, near Needham Market.
Chris Bell from Weatherquest said: “Last night the temperatures across the region were between -4C (24.8F) and -7C (19.4F).
“Some places today will struggle to go above freezing but I think we will probably not see the temperatures of last night but -3C (26.6F) to -4C (23F) so not quite as hard of a frost.”
Forecasters are expecting mild air to arrive in the region on Friday morning bringing with it wet and gusty weather.
You may also want to watch:
Winds could be up to 50mph but temperatures are expected to be about 8C (46.4F) over the weekend.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost