Last night’s freezing temperatures were the coldest of the year
MOTORISTS have been battling freezing roads this morning after temperatures hit -6C (21.2F) last night.
Forecasters have called it the “coldest night of the year” with temperatures down to -6.4C (20.48F) being recorded at Wattisham Airfield, near Needham Market.
Chris Bell from Weatherquest said: “Last night the temperatures across the region were between -4C (24.8F) and -7C (19.4F).
“Some places today will struggle to go above freezing but I think we will probably not see the temperatures of last night but -3C (26.6F) to -4C (23F) so not quite as hard of a frost.”
Forecasters are expecting mild air to arrive in the region on Friday morning bringing with it wet and gusty weather.
You may also want to watch:
Winds could be up to 50mph but temperatures are expected to be about 8C (46.4F) over the weekend.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections