Late Night Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden
LATE Night Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden this year will be on Friday December 9 between 5.30pm and 8.30pm.
It is being organised by the Saffron Walden Initiative with the support of the town council.
Saffron Walden Round Table will be there with Father Christmas and his sleigh and there will be carol singing from the Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company and also some roving street entertainers.
Chairman of the Initiative, Peter Riding, said: “This will be the ninth Late Night Shopping event organised by the Initiative and there should be more charity stalls and market traders than ever before.
“There will also be a Christmas Gift Fair in the Town Hall and the Tourist Information Centre will be staying open until 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the one night of the year when the town centre is handed over to the community and the event starts at 5.30pm specifically to allow for young families to attend. Special arrangements have been made for the Hill Street public toilets to stay open until 9pm.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime