Late Night Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden
LATE Night Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden this year will be on Friday December 9 between 5.30pm and 8.30pm.
It is being organised by the Saffron Walden Initiative with the support of the town council.
Saffron Walden Round Table will be there with Father Christmas and his sleigh and there will be carol singing from the Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company and also some roving street entertainers.
Chairman of the Initiative, Peter Riding, said: “This will be the ninth Late Night Shopping event organised by the Initiative and there should be more charity stalls and market traders than ever before.
“There will also be a Christmas Gift Fair in the Town Hall and the Tourist Information Centre will be staying open until 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the one night of the year when the town centre is handed over to the community and the event starts at 5.30pm specifically to allow for young families to attend. Special arrangements have been made for the Hill Street public toilets to stay open until 9pm.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections