Latest Stop Stansted Expansion calendar goes on sale
THE 2013 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s much-loved Community Calendar is now on sale across the region, featuring beautiful views of homes and heritage in the shadow of Stansted Airport.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the eleventh to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
In May 2010 the Coalition Government ruled out any extra runways in the south east, but SSE believes ministers have been persuaded that the country needs more hub capacity around London.
New Government policy is being formulated and ministers have stated that all possibilities will be open for consideration.
If Stansted does come back into the frame, SSE has vowed to fight it with “as much commitment and determination as in the past”.
You may also want to watch:
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at �6 and will be on sale at around 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members.
The SSE campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at http://www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html