Latest Stop Stansted Expansion calendar goes on sale
THE 2013 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s much-loved Community Calendar is now on sale across the region, featuring beautiful views of homes and heritage in the shadow of Stansted Airport.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the eleventh to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
In May 2010 the Coalition Government ruled out any extra runways in the south east, but SSE believes ministers have been persuaded that the country needs more hub capacity around London.
New Government policy is being formulated and ministers have stated that all possibilities will be open for consideration.
If Stansted does come back into the frame, SSE has vowed to fight it with “as much commitment and determination as in the past”.
You may also want to watch:
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at �6 and will be on sale at around 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members.
The SSE campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at http://www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html