Latest Stop Stansted Expansion calendar goes on sale
THE 2013 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s much-loved Community Calendar is now on sale across the region, featuring beautiful views of homes and heritage in the shadow of Stansted Airport.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the eleventh to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
In May 2010 the Coalition Government ruled out any extra runways in the south east, but SSE believes ministers have been persuaded that the country needs more hub capacity around London.
New Government policy is being formulated and ministers have stated that all possibilities will be open for consideration.
If Stansted does come back into the frame, SSE has vowed to fight it with “as much commitment and determination as in the past”.
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at �6 and will be on sale at around 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members.
The SSE campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at http://www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html