Laughs combine with powerful message in touring theatre show
AN interactive show with a powerful theme of how to deal with bullying at its heart is currently on tour of local schools.
Saffron Walden-based professional theatre company HyperFusion is taking its show Billy into schools in Essex and Hertfordshire. Last week the show was performed to students at Newport Primary School and Friends’ School, and this week to RA Butler Junior School.
HyperFusion specialise in interactive theatre which educates, empowers, challenges and stimulates discussion and the show’s approach is aimed at giving children a new way of thinking.
The story follows Billy as his problems unravel through his real life and through the adventures he undertook in the fantasy world of his imagination, including giants, puppets, underwater battles, superheroes and more.
HyperFusion’s artistic director Sarah Ellis said: “The tour has been very successful. We have travelled all over Essex and Herts and by the end of this week will have met over 2,500 young people.
“We have been privileged to hear laughter every performance but also some serious exploration of how we can all be a part of the solution to bullying. As the plays says, ‘Together we can beat bullying’.”
Billy will be touring until late November before HyperFusion will be on to it s next project, a production of FAME with the young people of Saffron Walden. Auditions are on December 3 and 10.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
For more information check out the company’s new website hyperfusion.co.uk or call Sarah Ellis on 07909 960 490.