Launch of the NEW Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust Visitor Centre
ESSEX and Herts Air Ambulance Trust (EHAAT) has hosted a special event to celebrate the official launch of its NEW Visitor Centre.
The centre, at the air ambulance’s air base on Earls Colne airfield, is home to the life-saving aircraft.
On Friday VIP guests joined EHAAT representatives to unveil the new centre, which is one of the first of its kind in the UK.
The facility, which includes a number of interactive initiatives, is designed to empower visitors to find, explore and learn about the work of the Trust and is the culmination of a five-year long journey.
Jean Robinson, who led the relocation project, said: “We are very excited to have officially opened the Visitor Centre alongside the newly relocated Essex Air Ambulance airbase at Earls Colne. It has been an incredible five year journey from the outset.
You may also want to watch:
“The Visitor Centre will enable all of our supporters of any age to see the work of the helicopter from a new perspective. We do hope that the educational visits and tours will encourage people to help support the Charity in lots of new ways.
“I am extremely grateful to everyone, but especially ICAP who has played such a crucial role in allowing us to build this once in a lifetime project.”
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 3 District council urged to cancel investment
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 9 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
- 10 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
Anyone wishing to visit the EHAAT Visitor Centre in Earls Colne, whether it be individuals, businesses, school groups or social groups will need to pre-book by calling the fundraising office on 0845 2417 690.