Launch of the NEW Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust Visitor Centre
ESSEX and Herts Air Ambulance Trust (EHAAT) has hosted a special event to celebrate the official launch of its NEW Visitor Centre.
The centre, at the air ambulance’s air base on Earls Colne airfield, is home to the life-saving aircraft.
On Friday VIP guests joined EHAAT representatives to unveil the new centre, which is one of the first of its kind in the UK.
The facility, which includes a number of interactive initiatives, is designed to empower visitors to find, explore and learn about the work of the Trust and is the culmination of a five-year long journey.
Jean Robinson, who led the relocation project, said: “We are very excited to have officially opened the Visitor Centre alongside the newly relocated Essex Air Ambulance airbase at Earls Colne. It has been an incredible five year journey from the outset.
You may also want to watch:
“The Visitor Centre will enable all of our supporters of any age to see the work of the helicopter from a new perspective. We do hope that the educational visits and tours will encourage people to help support the Charity in lots of new ways.
“I am extremely grateful to everyone, but especially ICAP who has played such a crucial role in allowing us to build this once in a lifetime project.”
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Anyone wishing to visit the EHAAT Visitor Centre in Earls Colne, whether it be individuals, businesses, school groups or social groups will need to pre-book by calling the fundraising office on 0845 2417 690.