Learning how to tie a tie!
YEAR 6 students at Wimbish Primary Schools are smartening up their look after the school introduced ties to the uniform.
The decision was taken by the school’s governing body to add a tie because of dress codes at the district’s upper schools.
Headteacher Christine Spain said: “When the children leave Wimbish Primary they tend to go to either Newport Free Grammar or Saffron Walden County High – both of which wear ties.
“We thought it would be good for them to learn how to tie a tie before they go to upper school. The students will have to take off and put their ties back on so they need to know how to do it.”
So far only the Year 6 students are wearing the ties but Mrs Spain said they had been so well received by parents, teachers and even the students that the plans are in place to roll them out throughout the entire school.
You may also want to watch:
“We have only introduced them to our Year 6 students at the moment but it has been a resounding success so the Year 5 pupils will be the next to wear the ties. Eventually all the students will wear them.”
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Stations benefit from funding
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month