Life’s a drag... and fund-raisers in Thaxted love it!
- Credit: Archant
Drag act Vince Salters entertained wannabe eggheads at a charity quiz last month.
Almost £1,500 was raised at the event in Bolford Street Hall, Thaxted, and donated to the Ethan Rees Linwood Memorial Fund.
Set up by the family of 11-year-old Saffron Walden County High School student Ethan Linwood, the aim of the fund is to raise the aspirations of children and young people by enabling them to realise their potential and have their achievements recognised.
Ethan was tragically killed in a car crash last year.
His auntie Karen and her sister Maxine Frazer organised the quiz, made especially memorable by drag act Vince. He was ably supported by a team of scantily clad men, including Ethan’s cousin Jack, his sister Emelia’s boyfriend Ben and other family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Another charity night will be held at the Fox and Hounds pub in Clavering on Saturday. It will include a charity balloon race, £5 per balloon, with the furthest recorded balloon crowned the winner. That person will win £250.
There will also be a ‘Back to Skool’ fancy dress night with live music.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
Contact the Linwoods, Fox and Hounds pub or Wilkinson’s Feed merchants at Brice’s Barns to get tickets.