Walden's Lime Avenue football pitches joy
- Credit: Saffron Walden Community FC
Football matches could be played on Walden's Lime Avenue pitches by September.
Saffron Walden Town Council's Assets and Services committee on Monday heard that a significant volume of detailed work has been done.
Legal documents are with solicitors and could be signed "imminently".
Persimmon Homes will transfer the pitches to the town council and temporary changing facilities will be provided.
Meeting chairman Paul Gadd said congratulations were in order. He thanked town clerk Lisa Courtney and operations manager Terry Frostick for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
The town council and Saffron Walden Community Football Club will ensure the playing fields are up to the necessary playing standard.
A spokesperson for Persimmon said: "We are delighted to be able to confirm that we anticipate, subject to all legal and statutory requirements being finalised, that the Saffron Walden pitches and changing facilities will be officially handed over to the town council in the summer 2021.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event