Line-up for Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012 announced
SAFFRON Screen has announced the line-up for the Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012.
The festival will run from 11 – 28 May and promises to offer a wide variety of exciting and engaging films and events to entertain the whole family.
The three-week celebration of film will showcase the best of world cinema and reveal the skills and effort which go into creating a film. Hands-on workshops, guest speakers, foreign films, demonstrations, discussions, plus much more will make the Saffron Walden Film Festival an experience not to be missed.
Julie Kendall, Saffron Screen cinema director, said: “Saffron Screen is thrilled to announce the Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012. “With a whole host of film industry professionals coming to present their work and share their experiences, we are proud to be bringing the best of cinema to the area.
“This festival promises to be three weeks of top quality events and great fun. We look forward to welcoming audiences from near and far.”
You may also want to watch:
The film festival events include:
• Sat 12 May - Aardman model making workshops - learn how to make your own Gromit from the professionals at Aardman Animations. Then, stay to watch their latest production THE PIRATES! IN AN ADVENTURE WITH SCIENTISTS (U)
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
• Sat 12 May - Bollywood evening with our local Nepalese community providing authentic food and traditional dances, before a Bollywood film
• Sun 13 May - Director Jerry Rothwell and producer Al Morrow return with their latest documentary TOWN OF RUNNERS about young athletes from the small Ethiopian town which has produced some of the world’s best long-distance runners.
• Sat 19 May - Best-selling novelist Jojo Moyes presents one of her favourite films - HIS GIRL FRIDAY (U).
• Sat 26 May - Film producer Tim Bricknell presents THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY (15), a film he worked on.
• Sun 27 May - East Anglian Film Archive amateur footage showing sporting and leisure activity between 1910 and 1960.
• Youth workshops on filmmaking and special effects movie make-up, plus an interactive discussion with local filmmakers Pug and Mike.
• Launching of the latest 90 Second Film Competition. All ages welcome and entries due by 30 Sept 2012.
Amanda Lightstone, marketing and development manager, said: “This summer, the London 2012 Games will be bringing athletes and spectators from around the world to Essex and, with that in mind, Saffron Screen wished to showcase the best of international cinema to appeal to all ages and levels of interest.
“In addition, through the festival, we aim to go behind the scenes to reveal the hard work and varied skills that go into the production of a film.
“Just like the athletes preparing for the Games, a film requires a great deal of preparation and co-operation from a substantial team to create the end result. We hope that our film audience will enjoy the delights on offer.”
The Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012 is being supported in part by grants from the town council, Uttlesford District Council and Essex County Council through the Essex Legacy for the 2012 Games.
For more information about the festival and listings on all events, visit saffronscreen.com
• Tickets are available from the cinema box office, the Tourist Information Centre, or via the website.