Line-up for Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012 announced
SAFFRON Screen has announced the line-up for the Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012.
The festival will run from 11 – 28 May and promises to offer a wide variety of exciting and engaging films and events to entertain the whole family.
The three-week celebration of film will showcase the best of world cinema and reveal the skills and effort which go into creating a film. Hands-on workshops, guest speakers, foreign films, demonstrations, discussions, plus much more will make the Saffron Walden Film Festival an experience not to be missed.
Julie Kendall, Saffron Screen cinema director, said: “Saffron Screen is thrilled to announce the Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012. “With a whole host of film industry professionals coming to present their work and share their experiences, we are proud to be bringing the best of cinema to the area.
“This festival promises to be three weeks of top quality events and great fun. We look forward to welcoming audiences from near and far.”
You may also want to watch:
The film festival events include:
• Sat 12 May - Aardman model making workshops - learn how to make your own Gromit from the professionals at Aardman Animations. Then, stay to watch their latest production THE PIRATES! IN AN ADVENTURE WITH SCIENTISTS (U)
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
• Sat 12 May - Bollywood evening with our local Nepalese community providing authentic food and traditional dances, before a Bollywood film
• Sun 13 May - Director Jerry Rothwell and producer Al Morrow return with their latest documentary TOWN OF RUNNERS about young athletes from the small Ethiopian town which has produced some of the world’s best long-distance runners.
• Sat 19 May - Best-selling novelist Jojo Moyes presents one of her favourite films - HIS GIRL FRIDAY (U).
• Sat 26 May - Film producer Tim Bricknell presents THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY (15), a film he worked on.
• Sun 27 May - East Anglian Film Archive amateur footage showing sporting and leisure activity between 1910 and 1960.
• Youth workshops on filmmaking and special effects movie make-up, plus an interactive discussion with local filmmakers Pug and Mike.
• Launching of the latest 90 Second Film Competition. All ages welcome and entries due by 30 Sept 2012.
Amanda Lightstone, marketing and development manager, said: “This summer, the London 2012 Games will be bringing athletes and spectators from around the world to Essex and, with that in mind, Saffron Screen wished to showcase the best of international cinema to appeal to all ages and levels of interest.
“In addition, through the festival, we aim to go behind the scenes to reveal the hard work and varied skills that go into the production of a film.
“Just like the athletes preparing for the Games, a film requires a great deal of preparation and co-operation from a substantial team to create the end result. We hope that our film audience will enjoy the delights on offer.”
The Saffron Walden Film Festival 2012 is being supported in part by grants from the town council, Uttlesford District Council and Essex County Council through the Essex Legacy for the 2012 Games.
For more information about the festival and listings on all events, visit saffronscreen.com
• Tickets are available from the cinema box office, the Tourist Information Centre, or via the website.