Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir
- Credit: Supplied by Linton Heights Junior School
Children in Linton joined a 362,229-strong choir as part of a national world record attempt.
Pupils at Linton Heights Junior School took part in the Young Voices Biggest Sing 2021 singing Bill Withers' 'Lovely Day' online, accompanied by Billy Ocean live at the O2 in Greenwich on Tuesday (June 15).
Emma Mason, Linton Heights' music teacher, said the event was a chance to collaborate with other schools as lockdown eases.
She said: "Events like this are a brilliant way of helping our pupils to be part of something.
"Singing and music is an important part of our school day, and we loved seeing everyone take part today."
You may also want to watch:
One Year 4 pupil said: "I loved it so much, it reminded me of when we went with the choir to sing at the O2 before Covid."
Choir organisers hope to raise £300,000 for child mental health charity Place2Be (www.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/biggestsing)
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces