Linton Village College announce new head
- Credit: Archant
Helena Marsh will become the new head of Linton Village College from January.
She has been made executive principal of the Chilton Hundred Trust, which includes Linton Village College and Meadow Primary School.
Mrs Marsh, who has written books on teaching English, is currently Linton’s deputy principal. She replaces Caroline Derbyshire, who leaves in December after 10 years to become head of Saffron Walden County High School.
Mrs Marsh is a founding member of WomenEd, a grassroots movement to connect existing and aspiring school leaders in education. She is also a member of a ministerial working party for the Teacher Workload Challenge and a governor at Great Abington Primary School and a Trustee of Abington Pre School, where her children are pupils.
A graduate of Warwick University and Cambridge, she has worked in a range of schools across Cambridgeshire and Essex and also has experience as a senior GCSE examiner. She held senior leadership positions at two other village colleges before joining Linton.
She said: “Both Linton Village College and The Meadow have an incredibly talented staff. I am very much looking forward to working with them and the community to sustain the school’s exceptional standards of education and its special character and develop opportunities for the benefit of our young people.
“I am very fortunate to be taking over from Caroline Derbyshire and to have worked alongside her. Ms Derbyshire has had such a great impact on the school and it is a privilege to be able to lead the Trust into the next chapter of its success.”
- 1 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 5 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 10 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
Linton Village College’s open Evening is on Thursday, October 8 from 5.30 to 8.30pm.