Linton Village College's excitement at new look
STUDENTS returned to Linton Village College to new state-of-the-art science, sport and leisure facilities following the completion of a �3million building programme. The new science block, which opened in time for the start of the new academic year, featu
STUDENTS returned to Linton Village College to new state-of-the-art science, sport and leisure facilities following the completion of a �3million building programme.
The new science block, which opened in time for the start of the new academic year, features seven spacious science laboratories and a preparation room, bringing the entire science department together under one roof.
The new building also incorporates a gymnasium equipped to national badminton competition standards, a dance studio for use by the college and the local community, and the Red Room, a community space which provides a home for a pre-school playgroup, after-school club and local youth club.
At three storeys high, the gently-sloping building offers views over Linton and nearby Rivey Hill. It has been deliberately designed to blend in with its surroundings, with architectural features including blue brick tiles which match those in the original 1930s listed college main building.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Caroline Derbyshire said: "We are delighted with this new teaching space.
"The design is imaginative and attractive, and the students were really excited when they went into the building on the first day of term.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert