Linton wedding venue rises from the ashes to win awards for its wine
- Credit: Archant
ONE of the region’s most popular wedding venues has risen like a phoenix from the ashes to win awards for its wine.
Chilford Hall in Linton, which was devastated by fire in an arson attack last summer, hosted the annual East Anglian Vineyards’ Association awards in its brand new Garden Rooms venue last week.
The 18th century wedding and conference centre, which also has its own vineyward, was awarded the Founders’ Trophy for best red wine, along with a silver medal and two bronze medals.
Twelve out of the fifty-five vineyards based in East Anglia entered this year’s awards and 38 wines were judged by a panel of experts.
The East Anglian Vineyards’ Association was founded in the mid 1970’s by the late owner of Chilford Hall, Sam Alper OBE. Wines from the region have won five out of the twelve national competition trophies this year.
You may also want to watch:
Chilford Hall’s director and general manager, Glen Mejias, said: “The past few years have been very tough on English vineyards due to harsh weather but if this good weather continues we are looking at harvesting a bumper crop this year! The quality is excellent and interest in English wine continues to grow – our tours and tastings are extremely popular with individuals and corporate event organisers.”
Chilford Hundred wines are available from £9.50 upwards and can be purchased from The Chilford Wines and Bistro by visiting chilfordhall.co.uk
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road