Local author to appear at Essex Book Festival
LOCAL author Andrew Brown will be making an appearance at Saffron Walden Library as part of the Essex Book Festival 2009 programme. Mr Brown, who is known for his work with the Independent, Guardian and the New Statesman to name but a few will be speaking
LOCAL author Andrew Brown will be making an appearance at Saffron Walden Library as part of the Essex Book Festival 2009 programme.
Mr Brown, who is known for his work with the Independent, Guardian and the New Statesman to name but a few will be speaking about his new book 'Fishing in Utopia' on Friday March 13 at 8pm.
Cabinet member for libraries, Cllr David Finch, said: "The Essex Book Festival is a fantastic way of celebrating local authors. This year is the tenth anniversary of the festival which continues to go from strength to strength."
Tickets cost �4 or �3 concession and are available from the box office (01206 573948) or alternatively, there are a limited number available at Saffron Walden library (01799 523178).
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about this event or any other Essex Book Festival events, go to www.essexbookfestival.org.uk or pick up a brochure from any Essex Library.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden