Local author to appear at Essex Book Festival
LOCAL author Andrew Brown will be making an appearance at Saffron Walden Library as part of the Essex Book Festival 2009 programme. Mr Brown, who is known for his work with the Independent, Guardian and the New Statesman to name but a few will be speaking
LOCAL author Andrew Brown will be making an appearance at Saffron Walden Library as part of the Essex Book Festival 2009 programme.
Mr Brown, who is known for his work with the Independent, Guardian and the New Statesman to name but a few will be speaking about his new book 'Fishing in Utopia' on Friday March 13 at 8pm.
Cabinet member for libraries, Cllr David Finch, said: "The Essex Book Festival is a fantastic way of celebrating local authors. This year is the tenth anniversary of the festival which continues to go from strength to strength."
Tickets cost �4 or �3 concession and are available from the box office (01206 573948) or alternatively, there are a limited number available at Saffron Walden library (01799 523178).
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about this event or any other Essex Book Festival events, go to www.essexbookfestival.org.uk or pick up a brochure from any Essex Library.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book