Local author to appear at Essex Book Festival
LOCAL author Andrew Brown will be making an appearance at Saffron Walden Library as part of the Essex Book Festival 2009 programme. Mr Brown, who is known for his work with the Independent, Guardian and the New Statesman to name but a few will be speaking
LOCAL author Andrew Brown will be making an appearance at Saffron Walden Library as part of the Essex Book Festival 2009 programme.
Mr Brown, who is known for his work with the Independent, Guardian and the New Statesman to name but a few will be speaking about his new book 'Fishing in Utopia' on Friday March 13 at 8pm.
Cabinet member for libraries, Cllr David Finch, said: "The Essex Book Festival is a fantastic way of celebrating local authors. This year is the tenth anniversary of the festival which continues to go from strength to strength."
Tickets cost �4 or �3 concession and are available from the box office (01206 573948) or alternatively, there are a limited number available at Saffron Walden library (01799 523178).
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about this event or any other Essex Book Festival events, go to www.essexbookfestival.org.uk or pick up a brochure from any Essex Library.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre