20 years of service for Saffron Walden's Terry Frostick
- Credit: Supplied
Terry Frostick is celebrating his 20th year looking after Saffron Walden's market, gardens and Common.
Terry joined Saffron Walden Town Council in November 2001 and has received awards for his work keeping the town's public spaces open.
He reflected on a career of "ups and downs - but mainly ups" as town council operations and market manager.
Terry said: "I drove a bus for many years and got fed up.
"I pulled up outside the district council's office and asked if they had any jobs.
"They said they did, and without questioning what it was, I said I would take it.
"I worked there until 1999, and then took on the town council."
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 7 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
Lisa Courtney, town clerk, said: "Terry is a great asset to Saffron Walden as a whole."
Terry led the town's market team to victory in the National Association of British Markets' Team of the Year award in October 2021.