New Uttlesford District Council chair appointed
- Credit: Image supplied by Cllr Arthur Coote
Councillor Arthur Coote is the new chair of Uttlesford District Council.
He replaces Cllr Martin Foley, who has served since May 2020.
Leaving his post, Cllr Foley praised the community for their support for one another during the pandemic.
He said: "One thing that has been absolutely marvellous is the coming together of people in our community to help one another to deliver shopping and a hundred other good neighbourly things."
Cllr Foley's chairman's charity was Stroke Association.
You may also want to watch:
He raised £4,092 to support stroke research and survivors' support, completing a 500-mile walking challenge in the post.
Cllr Foley is fundraising through JustGiving: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cllr-martin-foley-udc
Cllr Coote has chosen East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) as his good cause this year.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 3 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir
- 6 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
He said: "As a parent, grandparent and having cared for sick children as a foster parent, this became a cause very dear to my heart."
Cllr Heather Asker was elected Vice Chair.
Cllrs Coote and Asker are both former Saffron Walden mayors.