Town council "delighted" as playground reopens after upgrade
- Credit: Saffron Walden Town Council
A playground has reopened after a four-month refurbishment project.
The Saffron Walden Golden Acre playground on Ross Close opened on August 9 after upgrade works.
Children and parents were invited to share their ideas for equipment in April to help Saffron Walden Town Council decide how the new playground would look.
Town councillor Louise Millward said she is "delighted" with the result.
Cllr Millward said: "We’re very proud of the play equipment that the town council provides.
"To get the best value for residents, as much equipment as possible has been retained and refurbished, whilst the Town Council has invested in a range of new play equipment.
You may also want to watch:
"Wetpour has been used throughout the central play area to make it much more attractive in the winter months."
She added that the town council hopes to refurbish the playgrounds at the Anglo-American Playing Fields and Little Walden over the next 18 months.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley