Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- Credit: Archant
Voters have chosen who they want to represent them on two wards at Uttlesford District Council.
The ward vacancies came about because of the resignation of Councillor Anthony Gerard (Newport), and the death of Councillor Alan Storah (The Sampfords).
For Newport, Judy Emanuel of Residents For Uttlesford was elected to the seat with 892 votes.
The other candidates were Jennie Sutton (The Conservative Party) 322 votes, Edward Gildea (Green Party) 63 votes, Thomas Smith (Liberal Democrats) 62 votes, Andrew Sampson (Labour Party) 61 votes.
The voting turnout for Newport ward was 45 percent.
You may also want to watch:
For The Sampfords, George Smith of The Conservative Party was elected to the seat with 384 votes.
The other candidates were Uli Gerhard (Residents For Uttlesford) 361 votes, Madeleine Radford (Green Party) 52 votes, Sanjukta Ghosh (Labour Party) 46 votes, Maryanne Fleming (Liberal Democrats) 21 votes.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
The voting turnout for The Sampfords ward was 48.7 percent.