Local musicians reschedule recital
TWO local musicians have been able to reschedule their proposed February recital after it had been called off due to the snow. Tristan Stocks (baritone), from Radwinter and Quintus Benziger (organ and piano) from Great Sampford will be performing in Radwi
TWO local musicians have been able to reschedule their proposed February recital after it had been called off due to the snow.
Tristan Stocks (baritone), from Radwinter and Quintus Benziger (organ and piano) from Great Sampford will be performing in Radwinter Church on Sunday March 22 at 7.30pm.
Mr Stocks frequently appears in recitals across London and also sings with a number of ensembles performing nationally and internationally. Tours have taken him to France, Holland, Spain, Italy, Slovenia and the Canary Islands.
He has sung on both English and European televised broadcasts, and was a prize winner at the John Lill Awards 2007 and 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stocks has recently returned from Zimbabwe, where he sang in a charity concert in aid of children with cancer.
Mr Benziger has been involved in music making in the Saffron Walden and Cambridge area since he first settled in Great Sampford in 1964.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 9 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
He has been head of music at Newport Grammar School and St Mary's School, Cambridge and he now teaches part-time at both Thaxted and Finchingfield primary schools.
He is the conductor of Chesterton Choral Society and Saffron Walden Town Band and a regular organist in several churches in the area.
The recital, which is in aid of Support 4 Sight, includes many well known items sung by Mr Stocks and also musical items on organ and piano played by Mr Benziger.
For more information about the programme contact 01799 586269.