Local musicians reschedule recital
TWO local musicians have been able to reschedule their proposed February recital after it had been called off due to the snow. Tristan Stocks (baritone), from Radwinter and Quintus Benziger (organ and piano) from Great Sampford will be performing in Radwi
TWO local musicians have been able to reschedule their proposed February recital after it had been called off due to the snow.
Tristan Stocks (baritone), from Radwinter and Quintus Benziger (organ and piano) from Great Sampford will be performing in Radwinter Church on Sunday March 22 at 7.30pm.
Mr Stocks frequently appears in recitals across London and also sings with a number of ensembles performing nationally and internationally. Tours have taken him to France, Holland, Spain, Italy, Slovenia and the Canary Islands.
He has sung on both English and European televised broadcasts, and was a prize winner at the John Lill Awards 2007 and 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stocks has recently returned from Zimbabwe, where he sang in a charity concert in aid of children with cancer.
Mr Benziger has been involved in music making in the Saffron Walden and Cambridge area since he first settled in Great Sampford in 1964.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Walden pub reopens after four years
He has been head of music at Newport Grammar School and St Mary's School, Cambridge and he now teaches part-time at both Thaxted and Finchingfield primary schools.
He is the conductor of Chesterton Choral Society and Saffron Walden Town Band and a regular organist in several churches in the area.
The recital, which is in aid of Support 4 Sight, includes many well known items sung by Mr Stocks and also musical items on organ and piano played by Mr Benziger.
For more information about the programme contact 01799 586269.