Local musicians reschedule recital
TWO local musicians have been able to reschedule their proposed February recital after it had been called off due to the snow. Tristan Stocks (baritone), from Radwinter and Quintus Benziger (organ and piano) from Great Sampford will be performing in Radwi
TWO local musicians have been able to reschedule their proposed February recital after it had been called off due to the snow.
Tristan Stocks (baritone), from Radwinter and Quintus Benziger (organ and piano) from Great Sampford will be performing in Radwinter Church on Sunday March 22 at 7.30pm.
Mr Stocks frequently appears in recitals across London and also sings with a number of ensembles performing nationally and internationally. Tours have taken him to France, Holland, Spain, Italy, Slovenia and the Canary Islands.
He has sung on both English and European televised broadcasts, and was a prize winner at the John Lill Awards 2007 and 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stocks has recently returned from Zimbabwe, where he sang in a charity concert in aid of children with cancer.
Mr Benziger has been involved in music making in the Saffron Walden and Cambridge area since he first settled in Great Sampford in 1964.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Town council backs new support club
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 9 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 10 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
He has been head of music at Newport Grammar School and St Mary's School, Cambridge and he now teaches part-time at both Thaxted and Finchingfield primary schools.
He is the conductor of Chesterton Choral Society and Saffron Walden Town Band and a regular organist in several churches in the area.
The recital, which is in aid of Support 4 Sight, includes many well known items sung by Mr Stocks and also musical items on organ and piano played by Mr Benziger.
For more information about the programme contact 01799 586269.