London 2012 competition enters final stretch
THE RACE to name Essex Police’s newest canine recruits in ended the final stretch.
The force received more than 500 entries to name its two new born German Shepherd puppies. Entry to the competition has ended but members of the public can still have their say by voting for their favourites in our online poll.
All of the suggested names were delivered to staff at our Dog Unit who whittled them down to a shortlist which has been put out to public vote in a poll on the Essex Police website at essex.police.uk/puppycomp and Facebook page.
Members of the public will have a week to vote for their favourite; Flame, Zola or Coco for the girls and Boris, Ringo or Nike for the boys.
The winning names will be those with the highest percentage of votes at midday on Monday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, March 19, Essex Police German Shepherd Steffi gave birth to eight healthy puppies at its Dog Unit. Six of the puppies were given Olympic themed names: Bolt, Jessica, Seb, Jackson, Daley and Zara but two were left unnamed.
The lucky winners of the competition will be invited to the Dog Unit to meet, cuddle and have photographs taken with the puppy they have named.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend