London 2012 competition enters final stretch
THE RACE to name Essex Police’s newest canine recruits in ended the final stretch.
The force received more than 500 entries to name its two new born German Shepherd puppies. Entry to the competition has ended but members of the public can still have their say by voting for their favourites in our online poll.
All of the suggested names were delivered to staff at our Dog Unit who whittled them down to a shortlist which has been put out to public vote in a poll on the Essex Police website at essex.police.uk/puppycomp and Facebook page.
Members of the public will have a week to vote for their favourite; Flame, Zola or Coco for the girls and Boris, Ringo or Nike for the boys.
The winning names will be those with the highest percentage of votes at midday on Monday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, March 19, Essex Police German Shepherd Steffi gave birth to eight healthy puppies at its Dog Unit. Six of the puppies were given Olympic themed names: Bolt, Jessica, Seb, Jackson, Daley and Zara but two were left unnamed.
The lucky winners of the competition will be invited to the Dog Unit to meet, cuddle and have photographs taken with the puppy they have named.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler