London 2012: Volunteers still needed for opening and closing ceremonies
The search is almost over for volunteer performers for the opening and closing ceremonies of the london 2012 games.
The London 2012 Organising Committee’s (LOCOG’s) is looking for 10,000 volunteers to fill roles as dancers, actors, percussionists and general all-round performers in the Ceremonies will be ending in a matter of weeks as the application deadline fast approaches.
Successful applications will perform in what will be one of the largest events ever staged in the UK, in front of a packed audience in the Olympic Stadium and a worldwide broadcast audience of more than one billion people.
Applicants must be able to participate in up to two auditions that will take place in November and early December this year, in up to three rehearsals of four hours each week from March 2012, and in a number of all-day rehearsals in the three weeks leading up to each Ceremony. All of these rehearsals will take place in east London.
Essex County Council Cabinet Member for Education and the 2012 Games commented Cllr Stephen Castle,said: ‘This is a fantastic opportunity for the people of Essex to showcase their talent and play their part in the London 2012 Games.
You may also want to watch:
“Our county is brimming with talent; from singers and actors to dancers and musicians and I am thrilled that we have been given the chance to show this to the world. As a host county the eyes of the world will already be focussing on Essex, this is our chance to show them what else we have to offer’.
Online applications to be a volunteer close on 31st August.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford