London Marathon 2016: Clavering superstar Lucinda Rhodes’s fundraising tops £5,000
- Credit: Archant
Lucinda Rhodes managed to raise more than £5,000 for St Clare Hospice in memory of her husband Shane.
The 58-year-old, from Clavering, finished the London Marathon in six hours and 13 minutes.
She said: “It was fun but hard going. My knees started to hurt after 14 miles so I hobbled for a while.
“I was massively relieved to get to the end. I didn’t have a target in mind, I was just happy to get to the start line and the finish line.”
Lucinda added: “My support team and family were great, I got to see them seven or eight times. I also saw my friend Clare Thompson, from Yac-Yak running club in Saffron Walden, in the grandstand so I stopped and gave her a hug.
You may also want to watch:
“Yac-Yak members were brilliant in their help training and fundraising.”
To boost the fundraising, visit www.justgiving.com/Lucinda-Rhodes.
- 1 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 2 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 5 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 6 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 7 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 8 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents