London Marathon 2016: Debbie Hare from Saffron Walden raises almost £2,000 for BEARS
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden’s Debbie Hare completed her first marathon in five hours and 20 minutes and says she is in no rush to do it again.
The 51-year-old cleaner, of Howard Road, said she was supported by her best friend, boyfriend, and boyfriend’s daughter along the course.
Debbie was running for BEARS (Basic Essex Accident Rescue Service) and has raised nearly £2,000 for the charity.
She said: “It was quite an experience, and a good day, but very hard. I was slower than I hoped to be, but was pleased to finish. I saw a guy running with a tumble dryer on his back, but I won’t tell you if he finished in front of me.
“The crowds were amazing and it’s a great atmosphere, but I don’t think I’ll ever do it again.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit https://www.justgiving.com/debbie-hare.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost