London Marathon 2016: Toril raises £3,000 in her first-ever marathon
- Credit: Archant
First-time marathon runner Toril Bugge described the experience as “awesome” as she finished in five hours and three minutes.
The Saffron Walden resident, who was running in aid of disabled charity Fledglings, where she also works, has raised around £3,000.
Toril, 41, who is originally from Norway, took up running to do the marathon and says she could be tempted to do it again.
She said: “I was running from scratch really, and the first real race I did was the Cambridge Half Marathon in February. It was an awesome experience, it’s like one big festival really, except you have to run.
“Immediately after finishing, I said I would never do it again, but I think I might do. I’m definitely in the maybe category.
You may also want to watch:
The crowd were amazing and they really carry you around, it was such an enjoyable atmosphere.”
To donate, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=TorilBugge
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre