London Marathon 2016: Toril raises £3,000 in her first-ever marathon
- Credit: Archant
First-time marathon runner Toril Bugge described the experience as “awesome” as she finished in five hours and three minutes.
The Saffron Walden resident, who was running in aid of disabled charity Fledglings, where she also works, has raised around £3,000.
Toril, 41, who is originally from Norway, took up running to do the marathon and says she could be tempted to do it again.
She said: “I was running from scratch really, and the first real race I did was the Cambridge Half Marathon in February. It was an awesome experience, it’s like one big festival really, except you have to run.
“Immediately after finishing, I said I would never do it again, but I think I might do. I’m definitely in the maybe category.
You may also want to watch:
The crowd were amazing and they really carry you around, it was such an enjoyable atmosphere.”
To donate, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=TorilBugge
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month