London riots: Essex Police send 100 officers to help the Met
ESSEX Police has been providing support to its colleagues from the Metropolitan Police due to the level of disorder in the capital.
Last night (Monday August 8) Essex Police sent around 100 officers to support the Met. These officers were brought in to work on rest days to minimise the disruption to policing in Essex.
Currently the force still has around 50 officers providing support in London.
A spokesman said: “We have had some minor disorder in Buckhurst Hill including a burglary where 13 men have been arrested, as well as some minor damage to a police vehicle in Loughton where two male youths have been arrested.
“In Harlow, four people have been arrested for minor damage in the town centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police continue to dispel rumours of violent disorder taking place in Essex.
“We have had no large scale disorder and we will work to ensure that Essex remains a very safe county, with neighbourhood policing teams working in local communities to ensure a high visibility policing presence,” added the spokesman.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 9 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 10 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
If you witness any incidents taking place then call 999. To pass on information or intelligence call our non emergency number 101 or 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.