London riots: Essex Police send 100 officers to help the Met
ESSEX Police has been providing support to its colleagues from the Metropolitan Police due to the level of disorder in the capital.
Last night (Monday August 8) Essex Police sent around 100 officers to support the Met. These officers were brought in to work on rest days to minimise the disruption to policing in Essex.
Currently the force still has around 50 officers providing support in London.
A spokesman said: “We have had some minor disorder in Buckhurst Hill including a burglary where 13 men have been arrested, as well as some minor damage to a police vehicle in Loughton where two male youths have been arrested.
“In Harlow, four people have been arrested for minor damage in the town centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police continue to dispel rumours of violent disorder taking place in Essex.
“We have had no large scale disorder and we will work to ensure that Essex remains a very safe county, with neighbourhood policing teams working in local communities to ensure a high visibility policing presence,” added the spokesman.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
If you witness any incidents taking place then call 999. To pass on information or intelligence call our non emergency number 101 or 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.