London, Stansted and Cambridge consortium formed to encourage growth in region
INCREASING the number of international flights from Stansted Airport will form one of the central aims of a new public-private sector group that has been set up to champion the area.
The London-Stansted-Cambridge Consortium (LSCC) was launched in Kings Cross on Tuesday, bringing together big business and local authorities to push for infrastructure improvements that will allow continued growth along the corridor between the capital and Cambridge.
Stansted, in the middle of this corridor, is seen as a key element to helping drive the continued growth and utilising its current un-used capacity is seen as one of the assets that the LSCC can capitalise on.
Deputy director Stephen King said: “The consortium is already paying dividends, with the Mayor of London announcing last week a £27million investment in the vital rail link between Stratford, north London, Harlow and Stansted. This was on the back of a consortium lead bid to the mayor, recognising this as a growth corridor.”
The launch of the consortium included speakers such as the new MD of Stansted Airport, Andrew Harrison alongside Daniel Moylan, Boris Johnson’s aviation advisor.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the LSCC Greg Clark added: “The launch of the London Stansted Cambridge Corridor Consortium is an important moment for the greater south east. This region, with an economy built on the high-tech, clean, green, and knowledge economy, has the potential to drive growth nationally.
“It is an investment opportunity like no other, and with the local and regional bodies starting to come together with a shared vision and common agenda, it can provide a genuine and compelling opportunity for all.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event