London Stansted receives ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’
LONDON STANSTED Airport has added another award to its growing portfolio this week having been awarded an ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’.
Voted for by airlines, each airport is rated on performance, value, facilities and regulatory operations.
Stansted’s overall score meant they came second in the category of European airports that handle between 100,000 and 299,999 tonnes of cargo a year, and the leading UK airport in the category.
Speaking about the latest award, the airport’s Managing Director Nick Barton said: “We’re extremely proud to receive this ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’, which is even more important because it’s voted for by our airline partners.
“Stansted has a worldwide reputation as a cargo hub. Movement of freight is vital to supporting the growth of economies and with more than 200,000 tonnes of cargo transported through here each year, we’re proud of our position as the second largest London Airport for cargo operations.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not complacent and will continue to work alongside our airline partners to ensure we maintain the high standards set and provide the most modern facilities possible to support our cargo operators.”
For details on cargo operations at London Stansted Airport visit www.stanstedairport.com/cargo
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes