London Stansted receives ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’
LONDON STANSTED Airport has added another award to its growing portfolio this week having been awarded an ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’.
Voted for by airlines, each airport is rated on performance, value, facilities and regulatory operations.
Stansted’s overall score meant they came second in the category of European airports that handle between 100,000 and 299,999 tonnes of cargo a year, and the leading UK airport in the category.
Speaking about the latest award, the airport’s Managing Director Nick Barton said: “We’re extremely proud to receive this ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’, which is even more important because it’s voted for by our airline partners.
“Stansted has a worldwide reputation as a cargo hub. Movement of freight is vital to supporting the growth of economies and with more than 200,000 tonnes of cargo transported through here each year, we’re proud of our position as the second largest London Airport for cargo operations.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not complacent and will continue to work alongside our airline partners to ensure we maintain the high standards set and provide the most modern facilities possible to support our cargo operators.”
For details on cargo operations at London Stansted Airport visit www.stanstedairport.com/cargo
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital