Long-awaited move for Stansted Surgery to go ahead at end of month
- Credit: Archant
A doctors’ surgery in Stansted will complete its long-awaited move to new premises at the end of the month in what has been described as “a real coup” for residents of the town.
The Stansted Surgery will be based on the first floor of the Castle Maltings building on Lower Street from Monday, October 31, and will offer 12 new consultation rooms, a minor operating theatre as well as a large waiting area.
The current surgery, in St Johns Road, will close on Friday, October 28, and only emergency appointments will be available until noon on that day.
Phones will be diverted to the out-of-hours service until 10am on October 31, and staff will not be able to take appointment bookings until then, although patients can still do so online.
Barry Chandler, practice manager, said: “All the staff and GPs at the surgery are thrilled to be moving into this modern and accessible new building.
You may also want to watch:
“We really appreciate residents’ patience during the move and are looking forward to offering services in our new accommodation.”
Fran Richards, chair of The Stansted Surgery patient participation group, said: “This is a real coup for the residents of Stansted. We have all been waiting a very long time for the new surgery but I can assure you that the premises will not disappoint.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 5 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
“I’m very proud to be a patient at The Stansted Surgery and that we can now receive treatment in surroundings fit for the 21st Century.”
Deborah Fielding, chief officer of West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), said: “Stansted has developed significantly over the last few years and it is fantastic that they now have a GP practice which is fit for purpose and can accommodate the growth.
“I applaud everyone who has worked tirelessly over the last few years to make this move a reality.”
The contact details for the surgery will remain the same following the move, except for its address which will become: First Floor, Castle Maltings, Lower Street, Stansted Mountfitchet, CM24 8XG.