Lorry driver arrested as two people suffer ‘life-threatening’ injuries after M11 crash
A lorry driver has been arrested on suspicion of driving without due care and attention following a crash on the M11 last night (Saturday, January 11).
Police were contacted at about 10.15pm with a report of a collision between a lorry, a grey Yamaha motorbike and a blue Toyota Corolla on the London-bound track near to Birchanger Services.
Both carriageways of the M11 were closed for the air ambulance to land.
The driver of the car suffered serious leg and head injuries while the motorcyclist suffered serious abdominal injuries. They were both taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where they are both in a life-threatening condition.
The lorry driver, a 49-year-old man of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of driving without due care and attention. He remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
The road remained closed until the early hours of this morning.
Police would like to speak to any witnesses to the crash who have not yet made contact.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or e-mail email@example.com