M11 crash update: Essex Police launch witness appeal after multi-vehicle collision
POLICE have appealed for witnesses following a serious multi-vehicle collision on the M11 near Newport today (April 4).
Officers were called shortly before 10am following reports that a heavy good vehicle, four cars and a coach had been involved in the incident on the northbound carriageway.
Four people have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. They were a man and a woman who were trapped on the coach and received fractures to their legs and a man and woman in separate cars who have minor neck and back injuries.
The northbound carriageway of the M11 will remain closed for several hours while road collision investigators and commercial vehicle specialists from Essex Police carry out an initial investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about events leading to the collisions should contact Essex Police on 0300 333 4444.
You may also want to watch:
It is is hoped that the southbound carriageway will soon be fully opened but diversions will remain in place northbound. Please contact the Highways Agency for details of the alternative routes or visit their website at highways.gov.uk
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff