M11 crash update: Motorway reopened after 15 hours
A SECTION of the M11 has reopened following a multi-vehicle crash which has left five people injured.
Three HGVs, a coach and four cars collided on the northbound carriageway shortly before 10am yesterday morning (Monday).
Police reopened the southbound carriageway at around 6.30pm on Monday but the northbound lanes remained closed until the early hours of today.
Five people were injured in the accident and were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. The elderly woman injured on the coach is in a life-threatening condition.
Police continue to appeal for witnesses to contact them on 0300 333 4444.
You may also want to watch:
DID you witness the crash? Have you been affected by the road closure?
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'