M11 crash update: Motorway reopened after 15 hours
A SECTION of the M11 has reopened following a multi-vehicle crash which has left five people injured.
Three HGVs, a coach and four cars collided on the northbound carriageway shortly before 10am yesterday morning (Monday).
Police reopened the southbound carriageway at around 6.30pm on Monday but the northbound lanes remained closed until the early hours of today.
Five people were injured in the accident and were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. The elderly woman injured on the coach is in a life-threatening condition.
Police continue to appeal for witnesses to contact them on 0300 333 4444.
You may also want to watch:
DID you witness the crash? Have you been affected by the road closure?
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 5 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 6 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 7 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments