M11 road rage incident: Witness urged to come forward
POLICE are urgently wanting to contact a lorry driver on the M11 near Stansted who could be a vital witness to a ‘road rage’ incident that nearly resulted in a serious crash.
On Wednesday, May 4 around 5am a family from the Dunmow area were driving home from Gatwick airport along the northbound M11 when their Ford Galaxy car was tailgated by a BMW car.
This car driver then intimidated the woman driver of the Galaxy for a period of some miles.
The driver of the BMW, believed to be a man with a woman in the passenger seat, caused the other car to move over to the inside lane by swerving at it and then when in front of the car made an emergency stop nearly resulting in the Galaxy being driven into by a articulated lorry.
The lorry driver, in a red and yellow cab, just managed to miss the car, having loudly sounded his horn. Police want this driver or any other witnesses to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are in hand to identify the driver of the BMW, however police need statements from any other witnesses to this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Mel Warren at the Central road policing unit at Chelmsford on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending