M11 road rage incident: Witness urged to come forward
POLICE are urgently wanting to contact a lorry driver on the M11 near Stansted who could be a vital witness to a ‘road rage’ incident that nearly resulted in a serious crash.
On Wednesday, May 4 around 5am a family from the Dunmow area were driving home from Gatwick airport along the northbound M11 when their Ford Galaxy car was tailgated by a BMW car.
This car driver then intimidated the woman driver of the Galaxy for a period of some miles.
The driver of the BMW, believed to be a man with a woman in the passenger seat, caused the other car to move over to the inside lane by swerving at it and then when in front of the car made an emergency stop nearly resulting in the Galaxy being driven into by a articulated lorry.
The lorry driver, in a red and yellow cab, just managed to miss the car, having loudly sounded his horn. Police want this driver or any other witnesses to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are in hand to identify the driver of the BMW, however police need statements from any other witnesses to this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Mel Warren at the Central road policing unit at Chelmsford on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash