Major overhead problem forcing no services between London and Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Passengers between London and Stansted are being told to use alternative trains or not travel until late this afternoon due to an issue on the railway.
The Stansted Express and Abellio Greater Anglia Services are not able to run between London nand Bishop’s Stortford due to the overhead power line fault.
A spokesman said: “Overhead wire problems between Clapton and Broxbourne are causing major disruption to journeys between Broxbourne/Chingford and London Liverpool Street. Repairs are continuing, but disruption is expected to continue until 3pm.
“Abellio Greater Anglia and Stansted Express services are not able to run trains between London Liverpool Street and Bishop’s Stortford/Hertford East.
“The current advice from Abellio Greater Anglia is to postpone your journey between London Liverpool Street and Stansted Airport, Cambridge and Hertford East until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
“A limited number of buses are running to/from Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Hertford East, Bishops Stortford, Stansted Airport.”
Passengers are also told to use Great Northern services between London King’s Cross and Cambridge.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 4 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 5 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table