‘Major power outage’ causes delays at Stansted Airport
- Credit: www.baa.com/photolibrary
Passengers travelling through Stansted Airport could experience delays following “a major power outage”.
A spokesman confirmed flight operations had been affected by an outage in the Stansted area this morning (Thursday), leaving the Uttlesford hub without power between 11.15-11.45am.
He added: “There may be some impact to flights while airport systems return to normal. Additional staff were deployed immediately to the terminal to assist passengers and provide information.”
Uttlesford District Council has tweeted that the areas affected by the power cut are Stansted Mountfitchet, Manuden, Farnham and Elsenham.
Residents have also been reacting to the loss of power. Marc Sibbons tweeted: “Mass power cut in Bishop’s Stortford/Sawbo/Stansted/Elsenham today...Feels like an apocalypse! No traffic lights, this good [sic] get interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks is looking into the cause of the power outage. A tweet from the network operator’s official account read: “Sorry, we know there is a #powercut in #Essex. Our engineers are fixing it and we’ll keep you updated.”
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show