‘Major power outage’ causes delays at Stansted Airport
- Credit: www.baa.com/photolibrary
Passengers travelling through Stansted Airport could experience delays following “a major power outage”.
A spokesman confirmed flight operations had been affected by an outage in the Stansted area this morning (Thursday), leaving the Uttlesford hub without power between 11.15-11.45am.
He added: “There may be some impact to flights while airport systems return to normal. Additional staff were deployed immediately to the terminal to assist passengers and provide information.”
Uttlesford District Council has tweeted that the areas affected by the power cut are Stansted Mountfitchet, Manuden, Farnham and Elsenham.
Residents have also been reacting to the loss of power. Marc Sibbons tweeted: “Mass power cut in Bishop’s Stortford/Sawbo/Stansted/Elsenham today...Feels like an apocalypse! No traffic lights, this good [sic] get interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks is looking into the cause of the power outage. A tweet from the network operator’s official account read: “Sorry, we know there is a #powercut in #Essex. Our engineers are fixing it and we’ll keep you updated.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing