‘Major power outage’ causes delays at Stansted Airport
- Credit: www.baa.com/photolibrary
Passengers travelling through Stansted Airport could experience delays following “a major power outage”.
A spokesman confirmed flight operations had been affected by an outage in the Stansted area this morning (Thursday), leaving the Uttlesford hub without power between 11.15-11.45am.
He added: “There may be some impact to flights while airport systems return to normal. Additional staff were deployed immediately to the terminal to assist passengers and provide information.”
Uttlesford District Council has tweeted that the areas affected by the power cut are Stansted Mountfitchet, Manuden, Farnham and Elsenham.
Residents have also been reacting to the loss of power. Marc Sibbons tweeted: “Mass power cut in Bishop’s Stortford/Sawbo/Stansted/Elsenham today...Feels like an apocalypse! No traffic lights, this good [sic] get interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks is looking into the cause of the power outage. A tweet from the network operator’s official account read: “Sorry, we know there is a #powercut in #Essex. Our engineers are fixing it and we’ll keep you updated.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing