Major Trauma Centre at Addenbrooke’s launched next week
ADDENBROOKE’S hospital will become the Major Trauma Centre for the region from April 2.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH), the NHS Foundation Trust which delivers healthcare services at Addenbrooke’s, will offer “world-class trauma care” as part of the phased implementation of the new East of England Trauma Network.
Over the next few months, the network will gradually introduce an integrated trauma system. It will care for those who sustain major traumatic injuries, such as people in road traffic collisions.
The multi-disciplinary team at the Major Trauma Centre at CUH will work together with a network of emergency departments, acute and specialist hospitals, the ambulance service and others to provide dedicated trauma care capabilities around the region.
Basil Matta, director of the Emergency and Perioperative Care Division at Cambridge University Hospitals, said: “With the establishment of the Major Trauma Centre here at Cambridge University Hospitals, our expert team will be able to successfully treat severely injured patients from right across the region, greatly improving their chances of survival and the overall quality of their care.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Emergency Department at Addenbrooke’s will continue to provide the usual A&E service to everybody who needs it.”
The aim is for the East of England Trauma Network to be fully rolled out by the end of August.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country