Man, 83, in hospital after crashing into steps in Uttlesford village
- Credit: Archant
A man was left seriously injured after his car left the road and crashed into a set of brick steps.
An 83-year-old man, from Aldridge in the West Midlands, was driving a blue Skoda Fabia along Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, at about 4.20pm yesterday (Monday), when the crash happened.
He suffered serious internal injuries in the incident and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, for further treatment.
No other vehicle was involved. Officers are looking for witnesses who saw the blue Skoda immediately before the crash.
The road was closed for a number of hours for an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Witnesses are asked to contact Pc Mark Anderson at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 6 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 7 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'