Man, 83, in hospital after crashing into steps in Uttlesford village
- Credit: Archant
A man was left seriously injured after his car left the road and crashed into a set of brick steps.
An 83-year-old man, from Aldridge in the West Midlands, was driving a blue Skoda Fabia along Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, at about 4.20pm yesterday (Monday), when the crash happened.
He suffered serious internal injuries in the incident and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, for further treatment.
No other vehicle was involved. Officers are looking for witnesses who saw the blue Skoda immediately before the crash.
The road was closed for a number of hours for an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Witnesses are asked to contact Pc Mark Anderson at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing