Man and woman found dead in a swimming pool at a hotel in Hatfield Heath
TWO PEOPLE have been found dead in a swimming pool at a luxury hotel in Hatfield Heath.
A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s, both believed to be from London, were found at the Down Hall Country House Hotel last night (Saturday).
They had both been found underwater in a swimming pool.
Essex police were alerted and attended the scene 19:35.
Post-mortem examinations of the bodies will be carried out tomorrow (Monday).
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Hotel staff and ambulance crews tried in vain to revive the man and woman but both were later pronounced dead at the scene.”
He added: “Officers from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating and are treating the deaths as unexplained at this stage.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
The hotel has not yet released a comment on their deaths.