Man and woman found dead in a swimming pool at a hotel in Hatfield Heath
TWO PEOPLE have been found dead in a swimming pool at a luxury hotel in Hatfield Heath.
A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s, both believed to be from London, were found at the Down Hall Country House Hotel last night (Saturday).
They had both been found underwater in a swimming pool.
Essex police were alerted and attended the scene 19:35.
Post-mortem examinations of the bodies will be carried out tomorrow (Monday).
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Hotel staff and ambulance crews tried in vain to revive the man and woman but both were later pronounced dead at the scene.”
He added: “Officers from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating and are treating the deaths as unexplained at this stage.”
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 4 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
The hotel has not yet released a comment on their deaths.