Man and woman found dead in a swimming pool at a hotel in Hatfield Heath
TWO PEOPLE have been found dead in a swimming pool at a luxury hotel in Hatfield Heath.
A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s, both believed to be from London, were found at the Down Hall Country House Hotel last night (Saturday).
They had both been found underwater in a swimming pool.
Essex police were alerted and attended the scene 19:35.
Post-mortem examinations of the bodies will be carried out tomorrow (Monday).
A police spokesman said: “Hotel staff and ambulance crews tried in vain to revive the man and woman but both were later pronounced dead at the scene.”
He added: “Officers from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating and are treating the deaths as unexplained at this stage.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 10 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
The hotel has not yet released a comment on their deaths.