Man and woman found dead in a swimming pool at a hotel in Hatfield Heath
TWO PEOPLE have been found dead in a swimming pool at a luxury hotel in Hatfield Heath.
A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s, both believed to be from London, were found at the Down Hall Country House Hotel last night (Saturday).
They had both been found underwater in a swimming pool.
Essex police were alerted and attended the scene 19:35.
Post-mortem examinations of the bodies will be carried out tomorrow (Monday).
A police spokesman said: “Hotel staff and ambulance crews tried in vain to revive the man and woman but both were later pronounced dead at the scene.”
He added: “Officers from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating and are treating the deaths as unexplained at this stage.”
- 1 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 'Group of youths' set fire to football ground in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 7 Set times for The Bootleg Beatles and From The Jam's Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 9 Electric bus at Stansted Airport to help reach Net Zero
- 10 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
The hotel has not yet released a comment on their deaths.