Man arrested after four-car smash on M11 near Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a four-car crash on the M11 southbound near Stansted this morning (March 9) that closed one lane of the motorway.
Essex Police were contacted with reports of the accident at junction 8, just before the sliproad to Stansted Airport, at 9.45am.
A Mercedes CLC200, an Audi A3, Toyota Yaris and a Vauxhall Insiginia were involved in the incident, and the driver of the Yaris was taken to Herts and Essex Hospital in Bishops Stortford for further treatment. Her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The Mercedes driver, a 36-year-old man from London, was taken to hospital with minor injuries and was later arrested on suspicion of driving while unfit through drink or drugs and possession of class A drugs.
He is currently in custody awaiting questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while emergency services attended the incident and the scene was cleared. It was fully re-opened at about midday.
Witnesses or anyone with information about the collision are asked to contact Chigwell roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 3 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 10 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash