Man arrested over hit-and-run crash on M11 which left police motorcyclist seriously injured
Detectives investigating a hit-and-run crash which left a police motorcyclist with serious injuries have arrested a man.
The 23 year old was arrested in Essex last night (Monday) on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and burglary offences.
He has been taken to Huntingdon Police Station for questioning.
The officer was on a police motorbike on the M11 when it was involved in a collision with a black BMW at about 4pm on Monday, June 9.
The driver of the BMW failed to stop at the scene of the collision and made off towards Essex. The vehicle, which had been stolen, was recovered in Harston a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Police, who have released CCTV images of five men they want to speak to in connection with the incident, have asked anyone with any information to call DS Gaylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 2 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Pride and joy for Joseph Gaffan as former Saffron Walden Rugby Club junior wins England cap