Man arrested over hit-and-run crash on M11 which left police motorcyclist seriously injured
Detectives investigating a hit-and-run crash which left a police motorcyclist with serious injuries have arrested a man.
The 23 year old was arrested in Essex last night (Monday) on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and burglary offences.
He has been taken to Huntingdon Police Station for questioning.
The officer was on a police motorbike on the M11 when it was involved in a collision with a black BMW at about 4pm on Monday, June 9.
The driver of the BMW failed to stop at the scene of the collision and made off towards Essex. The vehicle, which had been stolen, was recovered in Harston a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Police, who have released CCTV images of five men they want to speak to in connection with the incident, have asked anyone with any information to call DS Gaylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal