Man dies after being hit by train in Stansted
A MAN who was hit by a train at Stansted Mountfitchet rail station on Thursday (July 1) evening has died in hospital.
Dennis Everett, 28, who had recently moved to the village from Bishop’s Stortford, was struck by a train travelling from London Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport at about 10.50pm.
Mr Everett, an engineer, was taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow with serious injuries to his head and body. His life support was switched off at 1.19pm on Friday.
A Facebook group in memory of Mr Everett has been set up and tributes have poured in for the popular man who has been described as “cheeky” and a “true gentleman”.
One post read: “RIP Dennis. I didn’t see you very often but when I did you always lifted everyone’s spirits. You were one of a kind and can never be replaced in anyone’s hearts, you have touched so many lives and had so many friends you will be missed.
You may also want to watch:
“My thoughts are with your family at what I can’t even imagine must be the hardest time of their lives. No parent should have to bury their child at such a young age.”
The incident was attended by British Transport Police, Essex Police and the ambulance service.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir