Man fined £75 for dropping cigarette butt in Takeley
- Credit: Archant
A man was fined £75, on the spot, for dropping a cigarette butt in Takeley today (Tuesday August 16).
This was the day after reminders of the £75 penalty started being displayed on bin lorries across the district.
The six-week campaign, ‘Don’t Toss it, Bin it’, aims to spread the message that is it not acceptable for motorists to throw fast food rubbish from their cars.
It is Essex-wide, but Uttlesford District Council contacted local businesses, such as Starbucks, Subway, Dorringtons and Macdonalds, to get involved.
They will be stickering their takeaway packaging with the hard hitting message.
This is the first time bin-trucks in the area have had the technology to put up large adverts and the council plans to regularly change the posters throughout the year.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022