Man found dead at Saffron Walden home following ‘chemical incident’
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has died following a ‘chemical incident’ at a Saffron Walden home last night.
Essex Fire and Resuce Service’s Detection, Identification and Monitoring (DIM) Vehicle confirmed that an amount of Sodium Azide had been released in the property on Ashdon Road.
A spokesman for the service said: “A full decontamination unit with showers was established but fears that other people had been contaminated proved unfounded.
“Firefighters in gas tight suits assisted Essex Police and ambulance crews in recovering the man’s body.”
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 8.40am and had completed their work by 2am, leaving the scene in the care of the police.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event