Man found dead at Saffron Walden home following ‘chemical incident’
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has died following a ‘chemical incident’ at a Saffron Walden home last night.
Essex Fire and Resuce Service’s Detection, Identification and Monitoring (DIM) Vehicle confirmed that an amount of Sodium Azide had been released in the property on Ashdon Road.
A spokesman for the service said: “A full decontamination unit with showers was established but fears that other people had been contaminated proved unfounded.
“Firefighters in gas tight suits assisted Essex Police and ambulance crews in recovering the man’s body.”
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 8.40am and had completed their work by 2am, leaving the scene in the care of the police.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation