Man found dead at Saffron Walden home following ‘chemical incident’
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has died following a ‘chemical incident’ at a Saffron Walden home last night.
Essex Fire and Resuce Service’s Detection, Identification and Monitoring (DIM) Vehicle confirmed that an amount of Sodium Azide had been released in the property on Ashdon Road.
A spokesman for the service said: “A full decontamination unit with showers was established but fears that other people had been contaminated proved unfounded.
“Firefighters in gas tight suits assisted Essex Police and ambulance crews in recovering the man’s body.”
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 8.40am and had completed their work by 2am, leaving the scene in the care of the police.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital