Man hospitalised with severe burns after fire in Takeley
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital following a fire in Takeley this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were called just before 10am after flames engulfed units on an industrial estate in Bush End, Takeley.
The casualty had to be taken to Broomfield Hospital with severe burns and it is believed units on the estate include a number of classic cars.
Firefighters from Chelmsford, Harlow, Dunmow, and Bishop’s Stortford used hose reel jets and a covering monitor jet to try and extinguish the blaze.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Police are currently at the scene of a large fire in Bush End, Takeley and have established a 600m cordon for safety.
“The road closures have now been lifted.”
- 1 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Walden has late night shopping and musicians