Man hospitalised with severe burns after fire in Takeley
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital following a fire in Takeley this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were called just before 10am after flames engulfed units on an industrial estate in Bush End, Takeley.
The casualty had to be taken to Broomfield Hospital with severe burns and it is believed units on the estate include a number of classic cars.
Firefighters from Chelmsford, Harlow, Dunmow, and Bishop’s Stortford used hose reel jets and a covering monitor jet to try and extinguish the blaze.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Police are currently at the scene of a large fire in Bush End, Takeley and have established a 600m cordon for safety.
You may also want to watch:
“The road closures have now been lifted.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event