Man hospitalised with severe burns after fire in Takeley
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital following a fire in Takeley this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were called just before 10am after flames engulfed units on an industrial estate in Bush End, Takeley.
The casualty had to be taken to Broomfield Hospital with severe burns and it is believed units on the estate include a number of classic cars.
Firefighters from Chelmsford, Harlow, Dunmow, and Bishop’s Stortford used hose reel jets and a covering monitor jet to try and extinguish the blaze.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Police are currently at the scene of a large fire in Bush End, Takeley and have established a 600m cordon for safety.
You may also want to watch:
“The road closures have now been lifted.”
- 1 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 2 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler