Man hospitalised with severe burns after fire in Takeley
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital following a fire in Takeley this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were called just before 10am after flames engulfed units on an industrial estate in Bush End, Takeley.
The casualty had to be taken to Broomfield Hospital with severe burns and it is believed units on the estate include a number of classic cars.
Firefighters from Chelmsford, Harlow, Dunmow, and Bishop’s Stortford used hose reel jets and a covering monitor jet to try and extinguish the blaze.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Police are currently at the scene of a large fire in Bush End, Takeley and have established a 600m cordon for safety.
You may also want to watch:
“The road closures have now been lifted.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash