Man in 20s dies in Saffron Walden road crash
- Credit: Archant
Officers are appealing for witnesses after a driver died in a road collision in Saffron Walden last night (September 3).
Police were called just after 10pm to reports of a collision involving a black Vauxhall Astra and a silver VW Sharan on Newport Road at Sparrows Hill.
Officers, the fire and ambulance service and a volunteer doctor from Suffolk accident rescue service all attended the scene, and the two drivers had to be cut from the wreckage by fire crews.
The driver of the Astra, a man in his 20s from Saffron Walden, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with life threatening injuries, where he later died.
The driver of the Sharan, a woman in her 40s was also taken to Addenbrooke’s with serious ankle and leg injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has any information about the accident is asked to contact Pc Martyn Wells at the serious collision investigation unit on 101.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 5 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?